Here at Brooklyn Cloth, we’re known for our joggers for a reason. We’re simply the best at doing joggers that are amazing for boys, girls, men, women, and everyone in between. Our joggers have everything that you could ask for and some things you didn't know you needed, like extra durability with rip and tear resistance.
That's why we created our super-strong ripstop joggers! In this guide to ripstop joggers, we’ll cover the jogger basics, get to know everything about ripstop, check your fit, and help you pick out which looks you should be rockin’ all year long.
What are Joggers?
Joggers are pants that were originally designed for exercise but are now a versatile item of clothing that can be worn for any occasion. Joggers are lightweight, comfy, and have an athletic appearance. They are widest at the top and taper down the leg to a tight fit around the ankle.
Most joggers have a drawstring or elastic waistband and elastic ankle cuffs to keep the pants close to the body. While joggers started off as a type of sweatpants, they've evolved into a more refined design.
The more realistic question is, why not joggers? Joggers are functional, practical, comfortable, and stylish. They can move and stretch with you, regardless of what you're doing during the day.
You can go from sitting at home to chilling at the mall to shooting a quick game of hoops with your friends, all without having to change and add to your laundry pile. And they’re stylish, too! These joggers come in a variety of prints, colors, and styles to fit every age and every style.
What are Ripstop Joggers?
Ripstop Joggers are joggers made with a special fabric that makes them resistant to tearing and ripping. Special yarns are woven through the fabric to create a crosshatch pattern, which adds durability as well as great-looking texture. That’s why everyone is talking about them – they last!
Where are Ripstop Joggers Appropriate to Wear?
Ripstop joggers are appropriate to wear almost everywhere that you can go in your day-to-day life. They are comfortable for hanging out, going to school, and appropriate in some work environments. They’re great during almost all leisure activities, including hanging out in the park, running errands, or doing household chores. The list of places where joggers aren't appropriate would be shorter; that’s how dope our joggers are.
Why are Ripstop Joggers Special?
Ripstop joggers are special because they’re stylish, comfortable, functional, and durable. Our Camo Stretch Ripstop Double Knee Cargo Jogger pants, in particular, have become a wardrobe staple that are sure to be around for years to come.
Fit Test Your Ripstop Joggers
The way your ripstop joggers should fit is mostly determined by where you plan to wear them and what activities you plan to engage in. The more cut and tapered the leg of your joggers are, the more formal the pants look.
Wider joggers with a less fitted appearance are suitable for casual wear or lounging around at home. You can make sure your joggers fit properly by following some general guidelines, regardless of the style you're wearing:
5 Ways to Check the Fit on Your Ripstop Joggers
If this is your first-time exploring joggers, here’s a quick guide to help you check the fit:
- Your joggers should have a tight fit around your ankle and taper smoothly. They're too large if the bottom of your joggers doesn't sit close to your skin and lower leg.
- Joggers should taper at the ankle, as seen with our Black Camo Double Knee Ripstop Jogger, and stop just above - not over - your shoes. A small amount of sock or skin will show through in well-fitting joggers.
- Joggers should have a slender fit that accentuates the body's contour but not be so tight that they appear fitted or "skinny."
- You should be able to move freely and have a decent range of motion in your joggers. You won't be comfortable if you feel restricted in any way, and you'll appear to be wearing leggings rather than joggers.
- If you're trying for an athleisure aesthetic or just want to lay around in your joggers, a tiny dip in the crotch is acceptable. There should be no substantial drooping in the crotch if you want a more fitted/formal look.
3 Ways to Style Ripstop Joggers
With so many different designs of joggers to choose from, the outfits you can put together with them appear to be unlimited. Of course, how you style your joggers is highly dependent on the occasion and the type of joggers you've purchased (i.e., lounge joggers versus smart joggers). Here are three simple ways to wear a classic pair, like our Tobacco Ripstop Jogger Pants with Bungees:
- With a hoodie
- With a T-shirt
- With a denim jacket
- To keep your fit casual and comfortable, pair your Tobacco Ripstop Double Knee Jogger with a sweatshirt like our Red Plaid Cozy Pullover. Unless you want to rock the dope matching set look, the hoodie should be a different color than your joggers. For a put-together appearance, opt for a more fitted top. Wear boots or sneakers to keep your outfit street-ready, and you’ll be the envy of all your friends in this fire look.
- Wearing a casual T-shirt like our White DBL Layer Straight Hem Streaky Tee with joggers is a simple and easy weekend outfit that adds comfort, but make sure your shirt is fitted and not too baggy. You'll look more street-ready if you wear joggers with a thinner cut. Our Dark Purple Good Energy Long Sleeve paired with a basic pair of joggers is a great example of a fashion DO.
- Add a denim jacket on top of your joggers to take your look to the next level. Denim jackets (like our White Split Denim Jacket) are casual, yet they provide structure and flair to your ensemble, and the textural difference adds contrast and interest.
Bonus: Want to feel casual and comfy while looking country-club cool? Try wearing your joggers with a Polo shirt. If you want to look more put-together, go for joggers made of a heavier fabric, like our Tobacco Double Knee Jogger rather than lighter and softer types.
Above all, ripstop joggers are going viral because they’re just that good. This trend isn’t going anywhere – ripstop joggers last. And Brooklyn Cloth is your go-to resource for joggers and the threads you need to look and feel your best.